Wednesday, August 30, 2006

BACK TO SCHOOL
You know, I've never been one of those Moms who can't wait to get their kids back to school. I think the fact that I only have one child makes it easier to enjoy having her around all Summer. People who have more than one have to listen to the kids argue and fight, so I can understand why they are so anxious for Summer Holidays to be over.
Also, I happen to be blessed with a child who allows there to be peace in our home. I see how some kids can be confrontational and defiant, where Alicia is quite easy going and so am I. Plus, she is very sociable so she's not in my back pocket all the time. It's actually a rare treat if we get a chance to do something together once in a while.
Whatever the reason, I'm quite sad that we have to get back into the chaos of school schedules and soccer schedules. I love the freedom that summer offers. Sleeping in, not always having to be somewhere at a specific time, daylight lasting past four in the afternoon. Plus, this is a very expensive time of year! We've got back to school clothes, school supplies, school fees, soccer fees, new cleats, school photos, then it's Alicia's Birthday, followed shortly after by Christmas!
If you'll excuse me, I have to go whore myself on the street now...This might take a while.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's clear.... So mom, so daughter. But there are other ways to earn some money :-)
Saving money is easier then earning money.

Anonymous said...

Don't forget to bring change with you ha ha :)

sharon said...

Herman: Don't worry, I'm way too lazy to ACTUALLY whore myself...that would require tearing myself away from reality t.v!


Sheryl: Nice burn! I would expect nothing less! LOL

ellen said...

Ha ha, you really got me with your closing line.

It's wonderful that you have such a great relationship with your daughter.

Penny said...

You're not the only one sorry to see the start of school. But since I'm the teacher I better set a good example, huh. BTW: At our school we collect money for school supplies, you know, our slush fund. Happy Hooking.

Anonymous said...

HOLY Hosebag Batman...I gave her a loonie and she slapped me when I asked for change. Hee Hee. You crack me up girl.

Anonymous said...

I know the feeling. I have three kids but I love the summer. I work shirfts all over the clock. Sometimes when they are in school I dont see them much. This week I am working afternoons 3-11 so i only see them for a few minutes before school. Dad is in charge this week. Also we love packing up a picnic and going to the beach or park on my days off. I often work weekends so when they are in school....you know.

Penny said...

I'm starting to worry that you really are out walking the streets. C'mon, let's have a new post.