Tuesday, August 01, 2006

So as usual, I'm posting from work, so I don't have time to download pics from our whale watching trip (plus I don't have my camera here.) It's funny because when my Aunt Ellen and her hubby Curtis went, my aunt had said she was so captivated by the whales, she didn't manage to get many good pictures. I was so determined to get some good photos, I ended up experiencing most of the whales through the tiny screen on my camera ! Having trouble getting a good shot, I eventually just put the camera down to avoid missing all the action. We had some iffy weather on the two and a half hour boat trip through the Georgia Strait. Thank God for the big orange float suits they give you to wear to keep you warm and somewhat dry. There are a few different boats you can choose from to go on, some more covered and cushy than others, with sides that had wind screens. We chose the most basic open motor boat that seats 12 because we wanted to be more "at one with nature." We felt that we could go to the aquarium and see whales through windows. We wanted to see them up close and personal. When we finally reached the whales at the farthest point that the whale watching tour is willing to go to see them, they were headed toward our departure point, so the tour that was scheduled to go after us would have had a shorter distance to travel to see them. Also, we took so long getting there, that there was a very limited amount of time we were able to stay. They had to get back for the next group. Very unlucky for us. The whales themselves were spectacular. What a beautiful sight to see such nature in our own backyard.
The trip home was only about an two hours, since he took a shorter route. However, we did manage to run into a nasty hail storm that lasted about 15-20 minutes by my estimation. My sister and I giggled through most of it. I guess we were giddy from our adventure. By the time we got back, the sun was shining and my bladder was bursting. There was a washroom on the boat, but it was a little tricky and I have a shy bladder, so I waited. Anyway, I will go through my pics and post them soon. I've been so busy with work right now and my new sweetie, plus our computer is in Alicia's room where she and her friends seem to be hibernating for the summer, so good luck on ever getting computer time. Oh well. I've been floating around without a care in the world for the last 3 weeks, anyway. Takes a little more than that to ruffle my feathers. I'm in too good a mood;)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Holy I'm head over heels in love batman!!!!!!!!!! Can't wait for photos....hurry....hurry.

Unknown said...

How nice to read that you are so impressed of what nature means to us. Let's protect these wonderful animals and their habitat as much as we can. It's the future of our children and their children.
I'm also looking forward to your pictures.

ellen said...

Can't wait to see your photos.