Thursday, December 07, 2006

A wise woman (my sister) once told me, "behind every successful man........is a surprised woman."

I know, I know, that's a sexist thing to say. I'm deeply ashamed.

In other news, I'm frantically getting ready to send Alicia to Mexico with my parents on Saturday morning. Today I have to go to work, and then pick Alicia up from school so we can return the runners I bought for her and buy some that fit. Incidentally, I almost inadvertently stole them last week when I was wandering out of the store chatting with my mom with them under my arm. The alarm thingy sounded and I realized I was shoplifting. OOPS!

Then I must come home and dig in the storage for our luggage. Alicia's been putting a lot of effort into cleaning her room and doing laundry, so we know what to pack. While we're at the mall later, we'll probably finish up her Christmas shopping, too.
I've just been boogieing along with my shopping. While the girl is away, I'll be able to finish up completely. Then if I go to the mall close to Christmas day, I can point and laugh at people who are bustling around. After all, it is the season of laughter and good cheer!

Drew doesn't have a computer, so I'm not giving anything away by telling you this. We were at Canadian tire a couple of months ago, when he noticed this cool rowing machine on display that was on sale from $300.00 to $150.00. We both tried it and agreed that it was really affective. In the following months, he had mentioned a couple of times that we should have bought it when we saw it. So I filed that away until I was ready to Christmas shop, when I made my way to Canadian Tire to buy the rower for him. After some too-hoo and a trip to two different stores, I located the rower and asked the dude who works there to get one for me from the shelf. As he pulls it down, I realize that it's a Suzanne Summers rower which has her picture in a leotard covering one entire side of the box. On the other side are pictures of women using it in all different ways. Now I know for a fact that if he opens the gift on Christmas morning, it's going to put him right off if he thinks it's a "girlie-rower." Not to mention my Dad and two brothers will be there to razz him about it until he refuses to ever take it out of the box! So now I have to find time to assemble the damned thing so he doesn't have to know that it has any association with Suzanne Summers.

Sigh...anyway, better get on with it...

9 comments:

Penny said...

Oh Sharon, considering you started this entry with a sexist comment, AND I know how you love a good joke, this box will be saved and stored for future use.
Wishing your daughter a safe and fun journey.

ellen said...

Here's what you do: Download a head shot of some macho muscle guy and glue it over Suzanne's face on the box. Then take a felt pen and draw in a bunch of chest and belly hair.

Penny said...

I see the humour obviously runs in the family. Good one, Ellen.

Anonymous said...

Aw c'mon now...your father would never razz anyone about anything...yeah right! Just remind him of the picture on the fridge, that should keep him at bay. Poor Frisky.

Anonymous said...

Your Auntie Ellen got an email with the picture on the fridge that's how I knew.

~DdK~ said...

Do you, in the remotest sense, believe, even for a moment, that I'm not gonna rat you out?
Watch me and cringe as I revel in liberating my bastardness.
heh heh heh

Unknown said...

So Drew's gonna play on a little girly rower, eh? Gonna shape his little bum-bum to look like Suzanne's?
Oooh, I can't wait for Christmas this year (evil big brother grin)...

ellen said...

Oh boy, see what happens when your family knows you have a blog?

sharon said...

Aw, cmon guys...at least wait until next year so he'll have been using it for a year! Then you can tell him he has a butt like two ripe peaches!