Wednesday, December 27, 2006

So I happened to notice that all my blogging friends stopped by Alicia's blog to check her out. That was really nice of you all, thank you.

I'm having a hell of a time refueling after a busy Christmas. The mental and physical preparation is very draining. Now I have to get on the horn and return a bunch of calls from clients who didn't manage to get in before Christmas. I don't wanna. Is it too early to retire, and spend the rest of my days lounging?

Everybody I talk to is fighting off a cold or getting over one. My sis was off of work today with a soar throat and chills. Drew is complaining of tummy troubles. Hopefully, by new years, everyone will be ready to boogie.

I got a Christmas card today from my girlfriend, Donna, whose wedding I sang at. She even included a couple of pictures of me singing! I didn't know anyone took any pics of that, so it was a nice surprise. Drew was so busy watching and listening to me sing, it completely slipped his mind that I'd given him instructions to video tape it. So it's nice that there is some photographic evidence that I did, in fact, sing at her wedding. LOL. I hope you all have a wild and crazy New Years Eve, and a peaceful and happy 2007!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

So... now it's time to leave a comment on your post :-) I read all your posts but sometimes I can't find the right words to give a comment.
Christmas time is over now and we are looking forward to the New Year 2007. Let's hope that it will be a good year for all of us, especally for your aunt Ellen. I whish You, Alica, Drew and your whole family a tremendous 2007!

ellen said...

You look so pretty in those photos. You should put an audio clip on your blog of you singing, so people can hear your gorgeous voice.

sharon said...

Herman:
I know what you mean about not knowing how to comment sometimes.

I wish the same for you in 2007.

sharon said...

Ellen:
Thanx! That's so sweet. I think it would be hard to do an audio clip, cuz don't you have to do it on the phone? If so, I would think the sound wouldn't be so hot.

ellen said...

The phone is one way to do it; I don't know how else, but I bet if you ask Herman, he can tell you how to do a video clip, anyway....

Susan said...

I for one would love to hear you sing! Maybe you should come out to Maple Ridge one wednesday or Friday for Karaoke and show off your talent. It would be so fun. I havent been able to sing for a couple of months, my chest has just been too wheezy!
You look gorgeous in the photos. Tell us, what songs did you sing?

sharon said...

Ellen:
You're probably right about Herman. He could walk me through the video thing. Plus, it would give me a chance to use my new little video cam I got for Christmas!

Susan:
that would be a blast! Karaoke is such a hoot.
I actually sang a song that I wrote for the couple. They were unique in that they have a 10 year old daughter together, so they needed a love song that incorporated the many years they have been together and the bumps along the way.