Thursday, November 30, 2006


This is a picture of the snowman I made. LOL. It's too cold to play out in the snow for too long.
Some of my clients are so negative about Christmas. No decorations, no prezzies, no excitement about spending a great day laughing and eating with family. I know Christmas means different things to different people. In my family, some are strong Christians, who recognise the religious aspect of Christmas, while others see it as a day of family and giving in a non religious capacity. either way, it's a positive experience. That being said, I can't help but feel a little sorry for those who can only whinge about the crowded malls and the relentless carols, and the "commercialization" of the Holiday. Like, yawn, change the record already! You don't have to put yourself in debt to embrace the joy of the season. I'm a single mom, raising a teenager. It's not like I'm lighting a toasty fire in the fireplace with hundred dollar bills. Some years, when I have more, I splurge, while others that are a little tight, I'm more conservative. But do people have to poo-poo everything that's fun? To me, life would be such a bore, if we never had any Holidays to shake things up a bit. Anyway, I have the next 5 days off of work, so I'm going to shop, decorate, bake, address my envelopes, and chose to embrace the warmth of the season. Happy Ho ho, everybody!

6 comments:

Penny said...

Some people always have to complain. They don't realize how much more fun it is to enjoy each day. I love Christmas and I'd love to have five days at home right now to bake, decorate, and prepare. But, I get holidays over Christmas. (Yahoo, Mexico, here we come!!)
(I got your message. Thanks for the kickstart. I'll get my butt in gear, real soon.)

Sally said...

There really are some humbugs out there; just ignore em!! Sounds like you're a lot like your Aunt Ellen which, in my opinion, is a very good thing!

Enjoy!

ellen said...

Christmas ROCKS, I don't care what anyone says. I love it for its religious and secular significance. It's just a feel-good time of year, and what the heck could possibly be wrong with that? Whatever the Scrooges have to grumble about, they're not gonna pee on MY parade.

BarbaraMG said...

I have been poo-pooing lately. Thanks for the reminder. ;)

Susan said...

I say Bahh Humbug to all those Grouches out there.

Unknown said...

I have almost forgotten what snow is and how it feels. Last winter we had 1 or 2 days some snow.
At the moment the time is 10:30 and outside it is 11°C, and the sun is shining so I'm out of here to have a walk with my doggie. :-)