Tuesday, December 12, 2006




I'm pooped.

Today I took a mysterious gouge out of my thumb. Then I bent down to pick up a towel and thrust my head forcefully into my cast iron shampoo sink. Then I wrapped a perm and opened the perm box to find that the activator that you mix with one of the solutions is empty. So I had to leave the lady with a stack of magazines whilst I hauled ass to the drug store to replace it. This threw me off my schedule so that the next clients, who were 10 minutes early, had to wait 20 minutes past their appointment time. While I was conditioning the lady's hair, I somehow splatter conditioner all over the salon wall, while trying to shake the last inch out of the bottle. It's a good thing my clients love me...It's a good thing that I'm so stinkin' adorable...but I digress.

I'm pooped

5 comments:

Unknown said...

It was one of those days.... :-) You mis Alicia, aren't you?

sharon said...

Yes, Herman,I do miss her. she did email me, though. she's having a great time.

Anonymous said...

You just had to put a picture of a really cute puppy on there didn't you? Do you know what that does to my sensibilities?

Penny said...

I have been unable to leave a message on your site for a few days. Apparently it is now working.
What I was trying to say was, "Do your customers pay extra for the entertainment?"
I've been thinking about your daughter and wondering how you're holding up. I'm glad to hear she's having fun. She'll be back before you know it.

sharon said...

Aw, Penny, you're so sweet. I'm glad you are able to leave comments again. My brother says blogging's the drug and comments are the high. I couldn't agree more.

actually, my family has said "it's no wonder your clients come to you. All we can hear are gales of laughter coming from the salon." It's not just me, though. It's the chemistry I have with some other people. Some people can just appreciate the same sense of humor and want to have a few laughs when they come to get their hair done. I have clients that would just like to quietly flip through a magazine, too. That suites me fine, also.

Alicia's having a great time. I got some emails from her. I do miss her, but I'm enjoying the time off, too. No soccer in the rain for a couple of weeks...it doesn't suck.