Thursday, October 26, 2006

Spoooooky Dragon Puppy !
Look at the expression on his little face. Ha ha! "Why are you torturing me?" He's such a good little dog.

Halloween has never been my favorite thing. There are aspects that I love and aspects that I hate.

I have to admit, when Alicia asked one year if we could have Ernie and Bert pumpkins, I didn't think we could pull it off, but they turned out pretty good!

When Alicia was small, trick-or-treating was great. She was so cute, and I knew that the number of times I would be able to take her out would be limited. However, it is usually freezing cold and raining, so we had to come up with costume ideas that she could wear a winter coat underneath. Then while she and her little friends were keeping warm running from door to door, I was trying to maintain feeling in my limbs.

I have always loved putting together fun costumes for Alicia. We never went halfway, y'know. If I was gonna put in the time and effort, I was gonna come up with something great. Most of the costumes were even appropriate to wear to school...Except the one.

After years of dressing her up as bunny rabbits, puppy dogs, and kitty cats, Alicia went through a phase where she wanted to be dracula and other scary stuff.
I think she was in grade 7 when she decided to be a suicide victim. I wish I could find the picture, but I can't. I ran a wire through some rope and made a noose. When she put her head through it the remaining end stood straight up as though it was attached to something overhead. Then I painted her face to make it look like she's been dead for a couple of weeks, and pinned a suicide note to her sweater. It was so sweet! Sadly the principal of the school called her into the office and made her take it off. She said it was inappropriate.

Why does that word keep coming up with me

Anyway, I went to a party this year dressed as a disco diva. Drew was my afro wearing disco man, and our friends did the same. It was pretty funny. These are my friends Dilek and Daveen, and the next one is Drew and I. Don't ya just love his Saturday night fever ensamble?
Here's Drew and Dilek's hubby, John, yucking it up. LOL!






Anyhoo, I guess I'll get on with my day now. Hope you all had a happy Halloween!


4 comments:

ellen said...

You ladies look hot! The guys....well, they look appropriately lounge lizardish. Alicia looks adorable, but a suicide victim? The principal had no choice but to take exception. Political correctness, you know.

sharon said...

Ellen: LOL I know we may have been pushing it just a titch, but she just looked so darned good in her costume!

Penny said...

You really are an over the top kinda gal - but cute. You could go into costuming as a sideline. That make-up job is amazing.

Anonymous said...

That poor little doggie! It looks so fearfully :-)
Between the lines I read that you are so creative in many things. It must be something in your family. There is also your brother Dennis whose drawings are very fascinating.
What fun you must have had with the idea of Alicia. She has also very creative ideas.
And last but not least. It's nice to see a picture of your friend Drew. :-)