Wednesday, October 25, 2006

The Many Shades of Alicia



This is my beautiful daughter, Alicia, who just turned 16 yesterday. I love her adventurous spirit. These pictures are of grades 8 through 11 and, as you can clearly see, she takes full advantage of having a hairdresser for a mom.

I just hooked up the new scanner that Drew and I gave her for her Birthday, which is why I am able to post these pictures. Oh yeah, I'm gonna get a lot of use out of this puppy. She also got a load of cash, some clothes, some really cool art stuff, and a stereo for her room. I still haven't planned a party for her and her friends. Usually I'm a little more on the ball and throw a great party at home, but I gotta tell ya, these kids aren't getting any smaller! The boys are freakishly big, but they are still young and sometimes get carried away. Stuff gets broken! So this year I'm going to rent a space called "The Fridge." Basically, it's a big room with ping pong, pool, foozeball, a big screen TV, video games, and other stuff to entertain them. Unfortunately, I'm not sure when it will be available. Still gotta phone and find out. Anyway, I'd better go make some dinner.

5 comments:

ellen said...

Alicia has the high forehead from her dad's side of the family, and like me, looks best in bangs. I love all of her sassy looks, but the most recent one the best. Is that how she's currently wearing her hair, or has it changed again? Nice gift you gave yourself, erm, I mean her.

Anonymous said...

I like ALL your beautiful, colorful daughters :-)
And you named them all Alicia?
The Brown, The Blue, The special Red, but the Golden is WOW!.. :-)
Better late then never... Happy Birthday Alicia.

Anonymous said...

Eh, what's that? My forehead (ahem, scuze me, fivehead)is now out there for the whole world to know? Do you know how long I've been trying to keep that secret? Ah well, they had to find out some time. A 747 tried to land on it yesterday but I ran it off.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to a very pretty young lady.
Wow sharon! You are a very talented hairdresser! What a lucky gal Alicia is.
I think I like the blue the best, it brings out her eyes. And that short cut emphasizes her facial features and slim neck.

Penny said...

Happy Birthday to your beautiful 16 year old daughter. She would be gorgeous even if she shaved her head, but I'm partial to the pink. If you were closer, I'd get you to do my hair. Nothing like picking out a present you both can enjoy.