Thursday, November 09, 2006


Went to Walmart yesterday and picked up some stocking-stuffers for the girl. She doesn't read my blog, but on the off chance she checks in, I won't divulge any privileged info.

I did treat myself to a nice, fuzzy, warm, cozy set of flannel sheets for my bed. OH! I love them. I've always wanted flannel sheets, and they are just as heavenly as I always imagined. Why can't all my clothes be made of flannel? Why can't wearing flannel come into style? I could start the trend, and when people point and stare, I'll just say, "You can laugh now, but next year EVERYONE will be wearing it!"
Kinda makes ya think...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can remember the time when we were wearing flannel underwear. :-) Many jokes are made about the long flannel underpants of men wearing the cross on their knees ha ha :-)

Penny said...

Oh, Sharon. We are so on the same wavelength. I also just bought a set of flannel sheets, in forest green. They are absolutely a slice of heaven - all fluffy and soft and cozy. Teenagers over here are wearing their flannel pj bottoms to school. I'm ready to set a new trend, but I don't really wanna wear pj's in public. (Too much jiggle!) I've often though they ought to line dress pants with flannel.
As for your report card marks, keep 'em coming. I know what you mean. I don't have any students who have difficulty, just parents who take colouring 101 too seriously. As I wrote my reports today, I kept your lighthearted comments in mind. It really helped me to stop stressing over whether I should give a kid a "D" for developing or a "B" for beginning. Your funny comments make my day!