Saturday, October 21, 2006

My sense of humor has sometimes been viewed as over the proverbial "line." I think I have that same impulse control mechanism malfunction that Sophia from The Golden Girls had. I think I've just always appreciated a good funny, even if it is a little inappropriate. (Especially if it's a little inappropriate)

When I was in Junior high, I think grade 9, a bunch of us were hanging out outside the school smoking and being "cool." I really can't remember why the vice principal, Mr. Scar, called me aside to lecture me on my sense of humor being inappropriate, but I'm sure he had good reason. After the "good firm talking to," he walked with me back toward my friends and, with one hand on his hip, began to address the crowd. "Okay, people! The school day is over. Let's go home!" So I, being the witty, charming, teen-aged idiot that I was, linked my arm through his, strutted beside him, and said, "Okay, Scar, let's go home!"

Mr. Scar shook me off his arm, his face instantly beet red. "That's exactly what I was talking about with inappropriate humor!" he barked, exasperated.

I can't blame the guy. I mean, hello, talk about displaying zero regard for a member of the administration, especially while he's asserting himself to a group of teen-agers. Somehow, however obvious that may seem to me now and about a tenth of a second after saying it, I still blurted it out! I didn't even call him "Mr. Scar." It was just "Scar." That's just disrespectful!

Poor bastard.


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Poor Mr. Scar... You were mentally too strong for him I guess, or he had a lack at humor :-)

Penny said...

My computer wouldn't let me comment yesterday. I hope I have better luck today. Your post today is precisely the reason why you have an open invitation to my hot tub parties, anytime!
(Happy upcoming 16th birthday to Alicia. Does this mean she'll be getting her licence? Oh, you are in for some fun and games, if you're daughter is anything like mine. Fasten your seatbelt, you're gonna need it.)

Penny said...

Oh, and about the movie Click, tears rolled down my cheeks when he told his dad off. The sad sight of that old man made me want to run straight to the nursing home and hug my dad. (The time posted is way off, BTW. I don't know how to fix it.)

Penny said...

Sticks might be a little sharp, but maybe I could sand the pointy ends a little. Thanks for my laugh for the day. Thanks, also for the tip on how to read Herman's blog. From Ellen's blog, I can tell he's a very nice person...and funny. Bonus!
If I add any more comments, you're gonna have to start charging me rent.

ellen said...

Happy 16th birthday, Alicia! Hope you had a wonderful day.