Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Today I took my daughter to the mall to buy her a bathing suit and a pair of shorts for when we go camping. My bikini wearing days are long gone, so I live vicariously through Alicia now. Hot bods are wasted on the young. Why is it that women like me have to worry about fat, zits, hormones, car repairs, house work, bills, rent, and much more, while kids only have to worry about grades, boys, and how to get mom to spring for a new bathing suit? With all our worries, it's women my age who should have the perk of a nice bod. If you think I'm feeling sorry for myself, you are sharp as a tack! As it is, this is my bathing suit...





And this is Alicia's...


Sigh...I might as well face it. I traded my little bikinis for a little wisdom...I think I got ripped off.

4 comments:

ellen said...

Your bathing suit is really cute. And, just for the record, the last time I could fit into either yours OR Alicia's, I was a fetus.

Anonymous said...

Shorts and a tee shirt are as close as I get to a bathing suit. I'll trade ya bodies, I'd take yours any day!

Penny said...

That's a cute suit - oh, yours too. Just kidding. They're both cute. I'm totally missing the body of a 19yr. old. Too bad when you're 19, you don't enjoy it. I told my daughter to stop looking for flaws. This is as good as it gets, so ENJOY. When you're over 40, and look back, you'll realize how good it was.

Anonymous said...

Oh now you tell me...you're suppose to wear something when you are swimming??