Friday, June 23, 2006

It's that time of year again. Camping time. Alicia and I will be going camping at a nearby lake from the 3rd of July to the 7th. I've started digging out all my camping gear, I've bought a new pump for my air mattress and blow up boat. This sucker blows up a queen size mattress in under a minute. Go baby, go! Not only that, but it sucks air just as fast. Usually we just roll all over the deflating mattress until it's flat enough to fold, but now we can suck so much air out, it's half the size folded. The last pump I had was to be plugged into the lighter in my truck, but this one is rechargeable. AND, if it's not charged, it has adaptors for a household outlet, AND the car lighter. I also got a new cooler, way bigger than my old one, and it claims to keep the ice unmelted for up to 5 days. That beats the 5 hours my old one keeps the ice for.

We'll be going camping with a big group of people. One of my best buds invited us to go with her family and a group of their close friends. They seem like real keeners. They are planning a golf tournie at the course next to the campsite, a potluck dinner, an appetizer night, and all kinds of fun things for the kids.

Usually we only go camping for 2 nights, but I find it to be a lot of work planning, packing and unpacking. You only really get one day where you can relax and enjoy. This time, there will be plenty of opportunity to kick back, have some drinks, play some games and just chill.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh man way cool !!! Now that sounds like some fun time to me. Same time Ellen and I will be going. We'll make a toast to yall while roasting marshmallows and weenies over the fire one night. Enjoy your trip and remember....if it fits in the car, then take it. lol. Where have I heard that one before?

ellen said...

Sounds like you're in for a really good time, and it sure does help when you have some good camping equipment.

Thanks for the advice on my hair; I do have some of that blue shampoo, so I'll definitely give it a whirl.