Monday, May 15, 2006

Well, yesterday was Mother's day, so I hope all the mums out there had a really nice day. My family went for a nice brunch and then came back to my place for a visit. It was sunny and hot so I whipped up some of those lemon drop martinis I was yacking about the other day. yum-yum. My daughter bought me some bubble bath and a bath fizzy from "Lush". Also, she helped my mom and dad surprise me with a new patio table and chairs I've had my eye on. Pretty extravagant gift for mother's day! Not only that, but they picked one up for my sister, who isn't even a mom! My parents are so sweet that way. Sheryl got me a nice card.

Last year I created a new holiday in my sister's honor. It lands on the same day as Mothers day and is called, "Spinster's Day". We all had a good belly laugh when Alicia and I bought her a Spinster's day card last year. Sheryl and I were joking a couple of days before Mom's day, that it wasn't fair that there was no special day honoring single people with no kids. So we created one. You have to take the initiative on these things, y'know.

My sis got my mom some pretty perfume, my bro got her the DVD "Walk the Line" and Alicia got her this big garden ornament of a frog lounging in a chair with an umbrella behind him. Really cute. I got her 4 Winsor Palates tapes. She's been wanting to try it. My dad bought us all brunch. It was a really nice day. Later, I went to my sister's to watch our soapie, coronation street, and then the season finale of Survivor. By the end of the day, I was dragging my behind to bed. All that sun combined with a couple of lemon drops must have done me in!

2 comments:

ellen said...

I'm glad all of you had such a nice family day together. Curtis and I went to church, then lunch, then a visit to your Oma (I'll provide more details on her in an email), then to dinner at my best friend Marina's. We went to bed tired and with full bellies.

We are having Vancouver weather here; wanna switch back? PLEEEEEEEEEZE, I miss my sunshine.

Unknown said...

Is it Christmas time in Vancoouver with all those presents?? :-)
Have a nice day Sharon.