Thursday, May 25, 2006

Well, after much anticipation, Taylor Hicks is the new American Idol. Apparently there were more votes on Tuesday night for American Idol, than there ever has been for a president of the United States. A sad commentary on people's priorities? Yes indeed. I was saying to my client this morning, though, that if people didn't have to get off their couches to vote, and could do it from their own telephone, there would probably be a lot more voting. A sad commentary on people's motivation to assert their power within a democracy? Uh huh.

Well I'm off to the beauty supply store. I won't buy too much, though, because after Friday, when I win the super 7, I'll be hanging up my scissors to live the rest of my life rolling around in money. A sad commentary on what I would do if I won millions of dollars? I'm afraid so.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Um, you could always share it with your gorgeous sister so she can hang up her keyboard and adding maching :)

Anonymous said...

I just knew the South would rise again...Go Taylor.