Thursday, May 11, 2006

Last night I had my heart broken. Chris from American Idol was voted off. Aside from the fact that he's about a half inch shorter than Ryan Seacrest, I believe he is the perfect man.
Cute, sexy, masculine, talented, hot, hot, hot...did I mention hot? The problem is, his genre of music, appeals to a specific group of people (like me), whereas someone like Taylor sings feel-good music that almost everyone enjoys. Sigh. I can only take comfort in the hopes that Chris will be picked up by some monster record label and I will hear his gorgeous voice on the radio soon. American Idol won't be the same without him. It's kind of like when your hockey team gets knocked out of the playoffs. After that, who cares, right?

Well, at least I still have two glorious episodes of Survivor to savor. Tonight, and then the finale on Sunday. What better way to spend Mothers day than watching reality TV?

In case it isn't clear, I am a reality TV addict. I can't help it, I just get sucked right in! I'm almost relieved when a show ends so I can be freed up to live some of my own reality. Then another begins, and I'm right back with my ass planted on the couch. I play ball on Mondays and Wednesdays, so last night I had to tape "The Amazing Race" while my sister taped "America's Top Model" for me. Do you see the lengths I will go to avoid missing an episode? It's sick!

Anyway, it's a bit of a slow day at work today. I just did a hair cut, an later I have a color to do. Did I mention there are 7 hours between the two? I had a couple more between, but they both called and rescheduled. So I have about 6 hours to kill now. What to do, what to do? I think I have some lounging to catch up on.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Is the virus problem fixed now Sharon?

ellen said...

I was almost as stunned as Chris when he was told he was goin home; he was my pick from the auditions. I love Survivor, too, and after a very busy day today, I'll be parked for it tonight, for sure.

Is your puter better?

sharon said...

Aunt Ellen,
That's a hoot. My Dad always calls it a puter, too. It's almost there.

Anonymous said...

Would you please quit drooling.

Penny said...

The only show I watch is America's Top Model. A guilty pleasure that I share with my teenage daughter. We absolutely love watching it together. Who do you want to win?