Monday, August 13, 2007

Summer Fun

Here are my two little sweeties at the skating rink.






I decided it would be nice to take the girls and have a little fun. I was pretty impressed at their abilities. I had Alicia skating since she was 2, but it's been a while and she still does pretty darn well. Anastasia has been a few times, but was really brave about letting go of the scooter (basically a walker on ice) and going it alone.

We managed to get out of there with very few injuries, which is a good thing, because the next day we went to Play land!!! This first one is on the scrambler. We tried to ham it up a titch whenever we spun close to Kelly, who was ready and waiting for the photo ops!





Here are our girls during the mini golf portion of our day. Fore!!!

Things started getting a little competitive at the golf course. Everybody wants to be Tiger Woods!Okay, you two...simmer down! LOL

Typical Dad ends up carrying everything. LOL I have the cutest little family!
Hey, how did I get roped into this!!!????!!!???

This one cracks me right up! This was on the big wooden coaster that has been at Playland for a few decades. I love it, obviously...

This one is on the last ride of the day...the log ride...should have been called the "sog ride" cuz you get soggy on it. It is basically a roller coaster in water...great for a hot day. Is it just me or is this picture hilarious!


We had so much fun we ended up staying for 7.5 hours! We played games and won stuffies, we ate warm mini donuts and burgers, we went on every ride we wanted to (for Kelly that was one ride and then he got queezy...snicker snicker)we played mini golf, and just had a really fun time.
this is one of my favorite pictures from our day at Playland. It was taken by a stranger that was behind us in the mini golf. He was all long black hair and piercings in his face, but the boy takes a great picture! I think I'll have this one framed. To me, it's the perfect picture from the perfect day.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG! isn't that just a PERFECT family together! I must say that you guys are the cutest couple together, specially when you have your "little" girls beside you. You guys even made me get more excited to have my little angel already. One happy family photos. AWESOME!

With love
Glenda & Sharon Jr.....*wink*

Susan said...

What a great day! You look so happy Sharon. You have a beautiful smile, something you and your Aunt Ellen have in common.
The photo taken by the stranger man didnt show up for me. Could you repost it? I'm so curious!

Susan said...

Never mind... its up now! I love it!

Anonymous said...

That photo is perfect for framing. Your family is lovely. Years from now when the girls are all grown up, you'll look back and remember that day. When I saw Ellen, I told her how much I see her sense of humour and zest for life in you.

Anonymous said...

It really was a hallmark moment wasn't it? If only they all knew what went on behind closed doors muahahahaha! Just kidding. Does everyone know that you and Kelly are the biggest kids in this little family?
I love your face on the roller coaster LOL, I think it's similar to what I look like on that darn thing. :) Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Unknown said...

It's wonderful to see how happy you are. All those sunny faces on one picture. You are really a perfect family. And I remember that Alicia once wrote that she wanted to be rich. Ask her for me how rich she now is? I enjoyed all your photos. In one of her last e-mails to me Ellen mentioned your humor and that your sister Sheryl has the same humor as you have. And that it was such a good feeling for her to have you around. She loves her family dearly. It hurts to know she is leaving us, we already mis her writing.