Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Good News!

Y'know my salon is in the house my parents rent, right? Well my parents have decided to move and buy a place of their own, so they found a really nice townhouse and I'm really happy for them. Because of this new developement, I have had to look at my options. Plan "A" was to appeal to my parents' landlords and see if they would let Kelly and I take over the rent. Plan "B" was to find a job at a salon and work like a normal person, and plan "C" was to start looking for a job at a hairdressing school as a teacher. Well, my folks spoke to the landlords, who have agreed to rent the place to Kelly and I. Yaaaaay!!! This is great news to me. A bigger place, the salon right downstairs, and I get to keep the business I have been building for the past 10 years. I'm a happy camper.

Anyway, now I'm starting to pack, paint the walls back to white (yuck) and bring boxes over every time I go to my parents' place. I'm pretty busy, so I'm not gonna be on my game with the blog for the next couple of months. I'm still gonna post, but it seems hard for me to get more than a post or two a week at best. Moving is so busy, I want to get as much done in the next couple of months as I can. That way life is easier when moving day comes.
Anyway, gotta go do some hair!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yaaaaaaaaaaay! Dontcha just love it when things work out?
Now you're gonna have to teach Alicia how to drive so she can get herself to school.

Susan said...

Just catching up on your last four posts! My update notification has quit on me. Anyways, great news about your upcoming move. It will be nice for Kelly too as he wont feel like he is moving in on your turf. You will have a new place for you both to make into your love nest! So will you still be in Richmond?
Geeze Kelly looks familiar. I know you said he grew up out here. Oh well, maybe just one of those faces.

Penny said...

That's great news. Just make sure that you pop in every so often with updates if you can.

Anonymous said...

Im so happy 4 u! Anything new is always exciting. It will only take you about 60 seconds to get to work, bonus!
Kik's

ellen said...

This is all great news. When is the actual move?

Unknown said...

Sorry... I'm a little late with this comment, but nevertheless here it is. A lot has changed in your life and things are going better and better. I did not know you had your own business. You'll be in Richmond and keep you clients and don't have to make a new start for the business. I wish you, Alicia and Kelly all the luck in the world.