Sunday, November 12, 2006

Man it's rainy here. Grey, wet, cold in the way that you feel chilled to the bone. See, people think that living in BC is all pretty forestry and Ocean views, but lemme tell ya, it rains alot. That's why it's so darn green and pretty. Now I'm not dissin' BC. It is a beautiful place to live. But it seems like we get two seasons. three months of summer, and nine of fall.

Maybe sitting at Alicia's soccer game in the pouring rain today for two hours is still a little too fresh.
The game was at a community center with a band new beauty of a soccer pitch. The problem for me was the two grande starbucks coffees I had managed to scarf down this morning. I had to leave the comfort of my fold out chair, umbrella, hot water bottle, and blanket, to walk over to the community center to pee. Upon my arrival, I noticed that the place was closed. Duuhh, rememberance day weekend. So, Off I go in the other direction, pass my comfy chair, through the parking lot, to the gas station across the street, rain pouring, wind blowing, cars splashing through giant puddles. The little chinese dude who works there tells me someone has locked the bathroom key...you guessed it...in the bathroom. So I thanked the guy kindly, and made my way across the other street to the subway where I found what I, by this time, so desperately needed.

The journey was so stinkin' long, by the time I got back to my relatively warm, hot water bottle, I kinda had to pee again. By the time the game was over, I more than kind of had to pee. So we hopped into the car, clicked on the bum warmer seats, and went to Mcdonalds for some junky food and a bathroom break. Not in that order.



















Anyway...Long story short...Alicia's team won 3-1, and I'm asking Santa for a catheter for Christmas this year.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Heck as wet as you were you could have peed yourself and no one would have known..lol

Anonymous said...

Haha. Curtis pakes a good point. I remember the days of soccer in the rain. I had my two boys in it. In different teams. Most times, hubby and I would take a boy each . But sometimes he worked and the kids and I got treated to 4 hours of soccoer in the rain!!!! Little sister Heidi didnt even play and she had to always tag along!
After two years, we pulled them out and concentrated on Cub scouts instead!

Penny said...

I guess it doesn't rain that much in Wpg, cause soccer was cancelled if it rained. Or maybe we're just wimps. Oh, wait - we did play outdoor hockey in minus 40, so maybe we just handle hypothermia better than pnemonia from the wet.

Anonymous said...

It's the sound of rain that makes you pee. You get the same effect when you turn on the water crane and are listening to the sound of water. Or when you lay down in your bed and can't sleep while you hear drips of a leaking crane ... drip... drip.... drip. Pfeew... I have to go.