Saturday, September 23, 2006



Went to my friend Dan's Birthday party last night. It was a lot of fun, cuz my bud, Daveen, who is married to the Birthday boy, rented a karaoke machine and lots of CDs.

This is my sister, Sheryl, and I at the party. This was when everything was still dignified, before we were trying to wrestle the microphone out of each other's hands.

despite our plans to have a reasonably early evening, we ended up piling out of the cab and into our houses at about 4:00 in the morning. Sometimes time just flies when you're eating great food, drinking cocktails, sharing belly laughs with friends, and screaming shamelessly to all the timely karaoke classics! We had a variety ranging from anything from the "Grease" sound track, to the ever popular "Brittany Spears." I think I heard a rousing version of "Love Shack" and because it wasn't on any of the CDs, I entertained with a lively accapella (not sure how to spell it) rendition of "Baby got Back." There was also some very riveting, yet disturbed and angry interpretations of a few Alanis Morriset songs, sung by all the women at the same time. Powerful stuff!

So today was dedicated to having brunch with my sis, watching her tape of last week's "The Biggest Loser" and curling up on the couch with my crossword puzzle and remote. It takes a little time to recover from the aforementioned activities, but I'm willing to make the sacrifice.

5 comments:

Penny said...

All that singing must have worked up quite a thirst. Let's just say I'd need to have a hearty drink before I started singing publicly. Sounds like a hoot.

sharon said...

Penny: Don't worry, there was no drink shortage. Plenty of liquid courage to go around.

ellen said...

Hi Sharon, I talked to your dad on the phone for a long time earlier this evening, and he promised to give all of his girls big hugs for me. Make sure he delivers, okay?

ellen said...

By the way, you and your sister sure are a couple of beautiful young women. I just had to visit that photo a couple more times....

Anonymous said...

How nice too "see" a picture of you both. It was a wild and loud party, was it? :-)