Tuesday, October 02, 2007

THE MOVE

I know I haven't written for a while, but we've been moving all week. The problem was, I had painted my entire place that I was moving out of, and had to repaint before I left. Wow. I've never in my life been so pooped. cleaning, painting, hauling furniture...thank God we are officially out of there as of yesterday. we went to do the walk through yesterday and the manager was all, 'the oven is not clean enough.' well I scrubbed and scrubbed and I could not get another thing off! so he gives me this oven cleaner and Kelly and I go back to work scrubbing the damned oven. Well, in my enthusiasm for getting it done and getting the hell out of there once and for all, I let a couple of drops of this oven cleaner splash up onto my arm. two minutes later when I went to wipe it off, my skin comes off with it! Can't believe how strong this stuff is, but I guess it stands to reason since it took the grease out of the oven fairly easily, when I couldn't chisel the stuff out without it. bit of a duuuh on my part, but the oven...you could eat out of! So now that I'm back on line and completely moved, I can resume real life activities such as posting on my blog and reading the delightful posts of my blogging buddies. got some catching up to do!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I am glad you're back now. We missed you! Firstly I thought something happened over there.
Take care Sharon.

Anonymous said...

I sure hope that you are okay. Oven cleaner is powerful stuff. Glad to hear you are moved in okay.

Shirley

Penny said...

Hurray! You're back. I'm in need of lots of laugh, so start digging up those old funny stories, or start doing some crazy stuff. Make it up, if you have to. But, knowing you, there's no need. Goofy stuff just happens. Like the oven cleaner...wait, that wasn't funny. Try something else. BTW: when we bought our new stove, my brother asked if he could have our old one. I said, sure. His wife took one look at it and threw it out. Apparently I couldn't get it clean enough, either. LOL It was only 29 years old!

Anonymous said...

I'd like to send you an e-mail, if you give me your e-mail address.

Susan said...

I hope you enjoy your new place Sharon. Its too bad you had to paintr your old place. Let me guess, you had it all cool colours and they wanted it white! Now you get to start all over again in your new place. Take a break first!
Then you can come over and clean my oven for me!