Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Just some stuff

So I had my parents and Kelly's parents over for dinner on Saturday so they could meet. It went really well, though it was pretty much the hottest day we've had this year so far. Maybe not the best day to have lasagna in the oven for an hour. We had two fans going and all the doors and windows in the house open. The lasagna was nummy, by the way. We also had salad and garlic bread with cake and ice cream for dessert. mmmmmmm.

Last night we were invited to Alicia's school for awards night. Apparently she was receiving an award for something. They don't tell you what award you're getting, only that you're getting one. So it ended up to be for her visual arts class and the award was what they call a "passion for learning" award. I was a proud mama.
The person announcing the names of the recipients was the librarian of the school. Wow, talk about booooring. No oomph what so ever! Just droning on in a monotone voice, like could they have picked anyone with less enthusiasm and energy? I don't think so. It truly was like listening to one of Charley Brown's teachers...wa wa, wa wa, wa wa...

Anyway, shouldn't make fun, I guess...just kidding! Ha ha did anyone out there buy that? Shouldn't make fun...snort...aaaaahhhhh.

Anyway, I'm just doing cuts today, so it's a no brainer day. Only two more to go, and then I'm off to buy a $35 000 000 lotto ticket. Fingers crossed! Actually, my next one is in 5 minutes or so, so I guess I should wrap it up. Didn't really have anything to post about today, so forgive me for talking about nothing. LOL. Maybe next time I'll come up with something fascinating to say. Don't count on it, though. ;)

9 comments:

Penny said...

Your posts are never boring. I hate having to wait so long for new info. Congrats to Alicia. I thought it was just me that heard "Wah Wah Wah". Thought I wasn't concentrating. Too excited till they got to MY kid's name. That wouldn't be you, would it?p.s. The parents are meeting? This is getting serious! How can you call this boring stuff? Of course, you could have broke something. Oh wait, this was at your house. Gotta save the embarrassing stuff for their houses. hehe

ellen said...

We had a woman like that reading the names off at graduation. When she droned out "Luong Duong" and "Phat Duong", pronounced you know exactly how, I had to purposely spill the contents of my purse on the floor to hide my hysterics.

Anonymous said...

LOL, she is so sweet for leaving out the dirty details....but the meet went really well for the most part. My Mom talked up a storm and drank way too much! I am sooo sorry she puked on the dog and kicked your dad's ass! But she is right he should learn to fight! LOL...just kidding! It went off without a hitch and everyone seemed to have a great time.

OMG the awards show, JUST SHOOT ME! We got a few laughs from parents around us due to our private comments that they over heard. My cousin walks by and I could not remember her name to save my life, Sharon saved me by introducing her self....hmmm what is her name again? LOL

Love you Sharon, my sweet angel.

Anonymous said...

O.K.,
You guys are too cute and funny. Just do us all and yourselves a favor and tie the knot. We are all convinced that the is true love and you two belong together.Get married and please come to Rhodes for your honeymoon so I can have the pleasure of enjoying your company.I promise not to take up too much of your time.Besides, Greece is totally honeymoon location!No pressure but PPLLEEAASSEE!!!!!!!!
Love ya heaps, Kiki

Anonymous said...

Kiki, Sharon and I have spoken about that exact thing and we would love to honeymoon in Greece. I need to ask her dad for her hand in marriage. If he says yes then I would like to tie the knot on march 4th 2008, which is one year to the day of when we first met in person.

An interesting observation that Sharon made the other day was that her birthday is mar 1st, mine is mar 3rd and we met in person on the 4th...1+3=4 and with Alicia, Anatsasia, Sharon and I we equal a family of four...kind weird hey?

Love you Sharon XoxoxoxQ

Anonymous said...

Thank you Kelly,
You absolutely made my day!Sharon has been my best friend since childhood and we have shared alot of happy and sad moments together.I know you already know this but im saying it for me, she's so special to me and I lost alot of years away from her. Her strength makes me envious, her heart is of gold, her humor..well,aint no one can tell a joke like her.All in all she's the best and I love her dearly and I know she loves you cause you are all she talks about with me.
By the way, are you sure you are not a Cancer. Usually Cancer signs are such romantics.
Love you both......Kik's

Anonymous said...

Yeah let's hear some music...like here comes the bride kinda music, ya know like in like getting married. Gosh I hate mushpots, it always reminds me of your Aunt and myself.

Way to go Alicia!!!!

C'mon Kelly....go for it ... nudge nudge.

Anonymous said...

Well clearly you can't go disappointing all these nice folks. No peer pressure or anything but........
Way to go Alicia - smart kid. That's MY neice ya know (puffing up with pride)
Dum dum de dum - when do we start dress shopping for the wedding?

Susan said...

I always love to know whats up with Sharon!
Congrats to Alicia, she really is talented and I am happy to hear she recieved this award. Way to go Kiddo!
When you win the lotto, I hope you dont forget all your little friends here in Blogland.