Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Clean livin'

My friend Kiki, who lives in Greece, and I did a lot of things together as kids and as teens. I'll never forget when we decided to start exercising at the local swimming pool. They had this aerobics class that we signed up for with all the best intentions.

Now Kiki's Dad was a pretty strict guy, so he insisted on driving us too and from the pool to make sure that we were actually going where she said we were. That was no problem, since we had every intention of going to the class and becoming a couple of hard bodies.

We hopped out of the back seat of Mr. Kyrmizoglou's car...yeah, I know...Kyrmizoglou...and made our way to the aerobics room. We found a spot and watched as the instructor set up. Shortly after, the class began. We dipped, we kicked, we flexed, we pushed, we pulled. We stretched...pant...we repeated...pant, pant...we stepped...wheeze...we crunched...cough...pant...we looked at the clock to find we'd only been there for 10 minutes!

I glanced over in my friend's direction to see that she was looking at me with pain in her eyes. She goes, "do you want to go to MacDonald's?"

So needless to say, we were out the door and across the street scarfing burgers and fries within minutes! Of course we had to make it back in time for her father to see us walk out of the front door of the pool, but that was no probs! By the time his car pulled up in front of the building, we were strolling through the double doors looking like we'd just had the workout of our lives.

Aaaaah, nothing like cleeeeaaaan livin! That was the best Macworkout I've ever had!!!

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Was it a One Time exercise or did you go back later for more exercises? :-)

sharon said...

Actually Herman, there was a really cute guy that went to that pool, so Kiki and I went there often...not to the aerobics, though.LOL

Anonymous said...

Not only did we go back for more but we also did the Dairy Queen workout Herman!Just to mix it up a bit.Boy that brings back such great memories Sharon, and I miss them days alot.We did alot of kooky things back then, but they were all innocent and sweet.

I seem to recall that it was then that I taught you your first Greek words"SARTHELOVASILISA" over Peanut Buster Parfaits. BTW my butt is still paying for those treats!
You know what, we have such funny stories that you should write a book, "My life as a teen with Beekers". Just a thought!Thanks for the trip down memory lane and remember, no matter how far I love you very much.
P.S. My dad is the same, even now that im 36.

Anonymous said...

So THAT'S what I've been doing wrong. I've been doing the Macworkout! Dang.
I thought it was just another one of those diet fads, Lord knows I've been on them all.

Penny said...

Tell me why there is a fast food joint right across the street from every gym or swimming pool? You're not the only one sweatin' the Macworkout way. I don't even bother going through the motions. I just turn into the McDonalds and skip the workout.

Anonymous said...

Ok, now that I think of it, it's not fair just mentioning the bad parts about that story cause there are good parts too. You failed to mention that we swimmed our butts off and we used the jacuzzi and we sweated things out in a steam room filled with balding, overweight 60 year old men that never made room so we had to sit in between them and their fat sweaty bod's.Now if that didn't deserve a big mac now and again, I just don't know what does? Kiki

Penny said...

Fat, sweaty, 60yr. old bods - I'm sure their hearts were beating a little faster with you two young thangs sitting there. At least someone got a good workout. hehehe

sharon said...

LOL...It's no wonder I started a blog. The comments are so worth it! for those of you who don't speak Greek, Sarthelovasilisa was a nasty name we used when referring to some of the girls we didn't like.

also, about us swimming our butts off, I don't recall swimming as much as soaking in the hot tub and lingering in the pool watching that cute guy do flips and dive off the diving board. LOL

Anonymous said...

When will I learn to post as soon as I have read your blog....

This does not surprise me at all. Sharon loves to play on the wild side and have fun....I guess you could say we balance each other....lol you would be wrong, we encourage each other :D

Love ya sweetie....hmmm would you like to go to the pool soon?