Thursday, May 24, 2007

Sweet sweet revenge.

My brother Dennis took great pleasure, as a child, in scaring the living crap out of his siblings. He loved to hide around corners waiting for his victims to happen by and then pounce, causing his prey to have a heart attack. Dennis and my sis Sheryl had asthma and sometimes, late at night Sheryl would creep into his room to borrow his inhaler if she had run out. One night she opened his door and quietly sneaked over to his bedside table so as not to wake him, and as she slowly reached out to pick up the inhaler, Dennis' hand flew out and grab her wrist! She just about fainted. He loved that kind of stuff.

One night, as Dennis was getting ready for bed, I saw an opportunity to get him back for all the heart attacks he gave me as a child. I sneaked into his room while he was in the bathroom and quickly climbed under the covers of his unmade bed, making sure to lay in a way that looked like I was just part of the wrinkles in his covers. from under the covers, I heard Dennis enter his room. He hummed to himself as he got undressed and put his PJ's on. It was everything I could do to contain myself as he went about his routine, completely comfortable in his assumption that he was alone. I heard him make his way over to the door, and then saw the lights go out from under the blanket. He shuffled over to his bed, and as he drew the covers back, getting ready to climb in, I sat up screaming "BOOOO!!!"

Aaaaah, sweet revenge! There's nothing like it, and don't ever let anyone tell you otherwise. I just about peed myself laughing at his reaction. It was so sweet to see the familiar terror that was usually in my eyes, but this time was in his. It only lasted a moment, but it still lives on in my memory. He was a great sport about most things growing up, and this was no exception. I could tell he could appreciate the time and patience it took to pull that off. And I was just a little snot. My sister also appreciated the prank. To this day she brings it up, smiling at the prospect of someone getting even for all the times he jumped out from behind potted plants, or just simply walked up behind an unsuspecting victim and jolted them from behind. Snicker snicker snort...Still cracks me up to think of it...

4 comments:

Penny said...

That reminds me of the time I had a sleepover at my best friend's. Her brother hid in the closet that was right beside the bed. We just about peed our pants when he popped out.

Anonymous said...

What I remember is that you are a family of practical jokers.It must of been totally cool growing up at your house.You kids get your sense of humor from your dad and your loving nature from your mom.Winning combo!Hey remember the time you led me to believe that the oiuja board was moving itself and I was going to have twins:Bibbi and Bobbo and I would die on a park bench with pigeons on my head at the age of 99!BTW my kids middle names are Bibby Michaela and Bobbo Christopher,just in case you wanted to know!Keeks

Anonymous said...

Snicker, snort. I still get a kick out of that. Revenge IS sweet muaaaahahahaha!

Unknown said...

I don't know why I skipped this post before, but it's a good start for today, now I have read it. :-)