Saturday, February 24, 2007

Softball Season

Well, after a long season, Alicia's soccer is coming to an end with her last game of the year on the 4th. I always love the end of soccer season, though I love watching her games. I just find it a relief not to have such a rigid schedule for a while.

The end of soccer is always an indication that my softball season is just around the corner. Being on a ball team is so much fun. There's always excitement, adventure, and the unexpected. Like once I was playing catcher and as the hitter swung the bat, the ball bounced off it funny and flew into my eyebrow. It split it open a bit, so I had to go to emergency for a few stitches. After getting sewn up, I rounded the corner toward the field, to see my team mates cheering for me. "How many stitches," one team mate yelled as we pulled into the lot. When I told them I had seven stitches, one of my friends on the team burst out with, "I won the stitches pool!!!" So while I was under needle and thread, they were placing bets on how many stitches I would get. Touching, huh? I know I'm warm and fuzzy.

Then one time, we were all sitting around after a game, having a couple of beers. The kids were playing, my buddy's dog was frolicking around, and our laughter filled the air. I was sitting on a lawn chair, when suddenly my left thigh got really warm...and wet. I look down, and Chomper the dog, is actually lifting his leg, peeing on me! Obviously I couldn't stick around since the warmth I had originally felt was quickly turning into cold, wet, and itchy.
I found out later that after I had left my friend Dan goes, "where's Sharon? I have to take a leak."
Isn't that precious?





7 comments:

Unknown said...

Two remarks first :-)
1. Glad to see a picture in your profile again.
2. And I mis your video clip, why did you remove it? It is such a nice song and I like to hear you sing.

And that dog story.... hahaha.. It reminds me to what happened to me many years ago. I was gardening in our small garden,and leaning on my rake meanwhile I had a conversation with my next door neighbour. Suddenly I felt I got wet feet, looked down and saw that my dog was pissing and splashing besides the rake, right into my socks.

ellen said...

Seven stitches to the brow, and you return to the game? You're a tough lil chick: I would have been gasping on a gurney in the ER, whimpering for oxygen and painkillers.

And if someone's dog peed on me, I'd probably lose my foot, bootin it into the next province.

You're a much better sport than your auntie e....

Penny said...

Your family cracks me up. Your stories and commenters make me howl. Come with me and Heather for cosmos! It'll be fun.

Anonymous said...

Nice doggie...snicker snicker.

sharon said...

That's weird, Herman, I didn't remove the video clip. I'm gonna play another one for you guys soon. and then I'll try posting it on top of the page like you showed me.

Anonymous said...

Aaaaaah, good times ! :)
Positive thinking Sharon, Chomper COULD have been taking a dump on your new shoes! LOL
Sheryl

Susan said...

You crack me up with your stories!
Good job you are such a good sport!
Im with Herman, Id love another song.