Friday, July 30, 2010

I'm devistated.

I just found out that my Uncle Curtis passed away. I can't tell you how devastated I am that he's gone. And that I haven't talked to him much at all lately. I'm in shock right now as I just heard the terrible news, but I thought his blog friends would like to know that he's in my Aunt Ellen's arms again. He had the biggest heart and had so many wonderful friends. I'm just so sad. He was my favorite Uncle, and though there was no blood relation between us, he couldn't have been more an uncle to me if there was.

Dear Uncle Curtis,
You have touched so many lives and hearts. I wish I had spoken to you more and been home when you called me a few weeks ago. I guess I thought you'd be around forever. I just want to tell you that you have been my favorite uncle and I wish you had come and visited like we'd talked about so many times. I would always tell you we wanted you to come any time and you would say, "be careful what you say, I might turn up." And I would say, "please do! You're welcome any time at all! We'd be thrilled." And now, sweet Uncle C, you're gone and the only thing that brings me comfort is that you are at last in the arms of your "Sweetie Pie." You will be so missed. My heart feels empty today knowing that you are never going to be able to come for that visit. I'm so sad to lose you. xxoo Rest peacefully with Aunt Ellen. I love you to pieces.


Printer Friendly Page


bituary



CURTIS LEE CRUSH (published on July 31, 2010)






CURTIS LEE CRUSH It is with profound sadness that we announce the sudden passing of our brother-in-law and uncle, Curtis Lee Crush on Monday, July 26, 2010. Curtis was born in Washington, DC on October 9, 1950 to Walter Crush and Cora Davis, who have both predeceased him. Curtis was an only child and was raised by his maternal grandmother whom he loved deeply. As a young man, he served his country in Vietnam. He made his home in West Virginia and met the love of his life, Ellen de Koning, in early 2000. They conducted a long-distance romance which resulted in his move to Canada. He and Ellen, who he referred to as his Sweet Pea, were married in 2004. Their happiness was shattered by Ellen's developing renal cancer and, after a courageous battle, her death on August 23, 2007. Throughout that difficult time, Curtis was a rock of support, and for that our family will be eternally grateful. He never stopped loving his Sweet Pea and now they will be together again. Curtis is survived and will be remembered by Ellen's family - brothers-in-law Frank de Koning (Delima) of Vancouver, Fred de Koning (Diane) and Lawrence de Koning (Lida) of Winnipeg, sister-in-law Anne Zimmerman of Vancouver and numerous nephews and nieces. Curtis will be fondly remembered by his many Canadian friends, including Marina Olson. As an active blogger Curtis will be missed by his many friends and followers in the blog community, as well as his employer and colleagues at Penner Door. Close family and friends are invited to attend a memorial service on Monday, August 9, 2010 at 11:00 a.m. in the chapel of Voyage Funeral Home, 220 Hespeler at Henderson Highway. In lieu of flowers, the family requests donations be made to CancerCare Manitoba.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

This is a great tribute to your Uncle Curtis. Thank you Sharon for the words right from your heart. I'm sure Curtis is proud of you and he is making jokes now with his "Sweetie Pie" Ellen. We will never forget these two wonderful people.
Thanks again Sharon.

sharon said...

Thank you Herman. As powerful as words can be, right now they seem so small compared to the loss. There just aren't strong enough words sometimes to express love or loss. My Aunt's death was very hard on me, but we were as mentally prepared as we could have been. There was a sense of closure for having been able to say goodbye. This just snuck up so suddenly on me it's hard to accept. I don't want it to be true.

PennyinNH said...

Hello Sharon: You don't know me, I live in New Hampshire, but I met Ellen in a Big Brother chat room years ago. She and I began a friendship and we chatted almost daily until she was too ill. I loved her. After she died I liked to keep track of Curtis via his blog, occasionally leaving messages, which he always answered with an email. They were both such special people and although I'll miss them, they are with each other again. Your tribute is just beautiful - thank you!

sharon said...

Thank you PennyinNH
They were both very special people. I'm so sad they are gone but so happy to have been blessed enough to know them:)

Penny said...

Hi Sharon, I was so shocked to hear about Curtis' untimely death from Herman, while we were in Paris. It is so sad. It is a comfort to know his Sweetie Pie and him are together. He was a wonderful man.

Sally said...

Sharon, I've come here through our friend Herman's blog. The blogging community who were friends both with your Aunt Ellen and Uncle Curtis are so very saddened. We will miss him just we have missed Ellen.

Take care, Sharon. I wish you well.

http://paperwritingservice.ninja/ said...

My sincerest condolence to you! I suppose uncle was genuine and kind person that you describe him in that way! We will lack him!