Sunday, June 29, 2008

finally!!!



It was lovely...but it's finally over. After dresses and make up and tickets and shoes, ceremonies, diplomas, report cards, boat cruises, winter formals, rides here, rides there, finals and deadlines, grad pranks, up-dos and hand bags...Alicia is finished her graduation. She had her final grad event on Friday night when she went to the four seasons hotel for her dinner dance and then at midnight was bussed back to the school where they partied until five in the morning. She looked so beautiful.

this is a picture of her up-do that I did for her. What a princess...
Her make-up was done beautifully at estee lauder, but the lady took an hour and a half to do it. I swear it took ten minutes to put on the foundation alone. Though she told me it would take an hour, we ended up running very late. I had been doing other up-dos during the day, and Alicia's was planned for two oclock. Her make-up appt was for three and she was to be at the school to catch the bus with her fellow graduates between five and five twenty. Well after waiting forever for her makeup, we whipped home, got her changed, and ran her to the school. Sadly, because of various wardrobe malfunctions and some disorganization on my darling daughter's part, we made it to the school about five minutes after the last bus departed. Sigh. We were going to the hotel anyway because the parents were invited for the first hour to take pictures and to have the first dance with their child. Kelly was really looking forward to dancing with her and I was stoked to get pictures of it. Anyhoo, that was a bust since the traffic was so heavy, we got there right after the first dance when all the other parents were leaving. I could have cried, but there was nothing that could be done to change it so I made them stand like they were dancing and took a picture. LOL




below is a picture of the two of us with Alicia's friend. They all looked so beautiful and grown up.

Now she just has to figure out what she wants to do with her life and jump in with both feet. I can't believe that when I was her age I was just getting ready to bring her into this world...

5 comments:

Penny said...

My heart is bursting with pride for you and her...so, you must be over the moon. She is so lovely and so are you. I wish Auntie Ellen could see the two of you. I know she'd be super proud. But, she's peeking down from heaven and smiling, I'm sure. Is she still into art?

sharon said...

Awe, thank you Penny! I am very proud. She's a peach. I hope Aunt Ellen is checking in now and then. She still loves her art. I'm not sure what the future holds for her, but there are some possibilities she's interested in. My brother who is an animator was saying that there may be an apprenticeship program at his work next Summer. If she got into that it may give her a taste of being an animator. Who knows, she also has been talking about travel...I'll just have to wait and see, I guess:)

Curtis said...

Yes she did turn out to be a lovely lady but look at her mother. What choice did she have.I'm sure Aunt Ellen is watching and Uncle Curtis even feels proud of her. She'll be something special someday.

Penny said...

Ahh, art talent runs in the family. I asked because I remember the sketches she did in her blog. This coming school year I am teaching grades 4 through 8 art. While I'm excited, I'm nervous cause I'm not sure I know enough or am talented enough. But, it will be fun anyway.

Susan said...

Oh Sharon, She is so grown up! The black hair makes her look older yikes, its scarey isnt it?
I know how proud of her you are. We have gone through all the same trials of parenting a student and the hardships involved. But it sure is worth it when you see them cross that stage. I share in your pride. And Sharon, I am proud of you for seeing her through this. Way to go MoM!!!!