Monday, April 07, 2008

My car has had an engine transplant!!! Ok, so I'm putting my new mechanic's kids through collage, but at least my ride works. LOL. The heat works, the radio works,...Am I dreaming? Kelly's car has also gotten a new engine, but Kelly did that one himself. I was pretty darned impressed that my computer technician hubby actually did an engine swap all by himself.

It's funny how you can be soooo stressed out about some ongoing problem for so long, and then all of a sudden, the problem is resolved, and you have no stress. Besides, of course, the credit card that has been exhausted, and the looming monthly payments on it, at least I have my independence back. That's huge!

Today is my day off, and I'm still sitting here in my pjs drinking tea. I'll do my morning crossword, work on a little craft I've been working on, watch "All my Children," and then later, "Dr. Phil." Then I'll go do some shopping and maybe make a nummy dinner. It's a relaxing day. Kelly and I went to a friend's for cocktails on the weekend, and, I'm just not 20 years old anymore. I need some recovery time now. LOL

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I love my stress, so I make sure to never solve my problems. (That's my story and I'm stickin' to it!)

Congrats on having your wheels back -- I've been without for several years. Few things in life could suck more.

Susan said...

Wow, back so soon. Could we anticipate seeing more of you in the future?
Glad for you that the car is no longer an issue. Every one needs a lazy day now and again. Glad you got to enjoy it.

Unknown said...

Everything seems to be calm and easy in your life now. No stress, tension and excitement and at the end of your story you want us to believe that you are getting old, hahaha :-) LOL
One thing is for sure, I'm glad that you are bloging again...

Anonymous said...

I'm having a love affair with my mechanic...but it's okay, we're married. He keeps our vehicles in top notch shape (not the kind that looks after everyone else's vehicles but his own). The only thing better than having a dependable car and a dependable man. lol