Thursday, April 10, 2008

My beautiful girl



Well, I guess she's not a girl anymore, but a young woman. My girlfriend, Kiki, pointed out that the night she and I had our grad pictures taken, Alicia was there with us. I had just found out I was expecting. In some ways it seems like yesterday, and yet, in other ways it seems like a hundred years ago.
What a beautiful life I brought into the world, and how she has blessed my life, I could never put into words. I sit here welling up with tears while I type this. Sigh...what a sap.

5 comments:

Penny said...

Awww, from one sap to another, now you're gonna make me cry. She is a beautiful young woman. She looks so much like you, yet her own person. I felt the same way when my baby girl graduated. You have done a good job raising your daughter on your own and can be very proud.

Unknown said...

She really is a Beauty and she looks very much like you, except her beautiful Blue Eyes. Am I wrong when I say that I recognize something in her eyes from your aunt Ellen? I understand why you are so proud of her.

Curtis said...

It's hard to believe how much Alicia has grown and matured since I was there. Like her mother...beautiful.

Susan said...

She it beautiful,lloks so much like you! They did and awesome job on the photos.
So you are a sap, me too. Theres nothing wrong with that. It comes with being a mom.
Your cranes are so pretty, they will be going out to join the rest of them on Thursday. Kaylas Grandma and other Aunty are heading out there for a few days.
Have a great week. I cantr tell you how much your care and support mean to us. Thanks again.

Anonymous said...

Isn't it amazing what we can create? I always look at my kids and wonder who these little people are, and then ask myself what my life was like before them.
I still remember the first time I saw Alicia at the hospital and I cried cause not only was she as cute as a button but she was my best friends baby girl.
You did a wonderful job raising her and you deserve a gold metal kid.
My best friend, the super hero.

I love ya, Sharon.

Kik's.