Friday, April 20, 2007

Ball season!!!

Aaaaaah, ball season begins. We had our first practice on Sunday, so I had the chance to meet some of the new team members. It's funny how the ball team evolves through the years. When I started on the team, ten years ago, I was one of the youngest players and we all had kids running around. Then as the years passed, the oldest members left, and were replaced by younger ones, and our children all grew to the age that they no longer come out to watch. So for the last few years, we really haven't had many little booger-nuggets around. Now it seems to have come full circle. I'm one of the oldest on the team now, one of our players gave birth since last year, and one is pregnant! One of our newer players from last year also has a little toddler, so now she'll have other kids to play with at ball in the coming years.

Kelly and his daughter came with us to the practice. It was a beautiful sunny day. Eventually, Drew turned up and made some stupid bitter comment to me, but I don't really give a rat's ass. I tried to extend the olive branch by approaching him and greeting him, but he responded in a rude, combative way, so I left him to it. Oh well.

Other than that, life is grand. I'm in love, I have friends and family...what more could I ask for?

8 comments:

Penny said...

How a person treats someone after they are no longer together, says a lot about that person. It's obvious that you made the right decision when you broke up. Enjoy Mr. Right and forget about Mr. Wrong. Glad you're back in the game - no, not baseball, blogging. Don't leave us hanging on and wondering. Details! We need details!

Anonymous said...

$15,000,000.00! That's what more we can want LOL
Penny is right, but you knew it all along didn'tcha?

Anonymous said...

Oh, and it's about time. How can I skive off work if I have nothing to read?

Unknown said...

A new sport season, new people to talk to, a new love, spring is in the air.... And getting older is a blessing. What do you want more? Oh! I see... $15,000,000.00.

ellen said...

Classy guy, that Drew....although I'm not sure I wouldn't want to give my ex a big klop up side the head if I ever ran into him again.

Susan said...

Its too bad for him that he cant get over it. Obviously he is bitter and has yet to move on, unlike yourself. Good luck in your new season!

Unknown said...

Hello busy Sharon, sing us a song again and put your video on, Please. I mis your funny stories!

Anonymous said...

Anastasia and I had a great time! Sharon supplied a pogo stick and a scooter which Ani loved. ;)

Penny is so right.

Love you Sharon.