Tuesday, January 02, 2007

I'm sure I've mentioned in the past, the fact that when I was a child I loved to snoop through my sisters room. Everything she had was cool, weather or not I knew what it was. She even had a mysterious drawer in her dresser that smelled really funny, but no matter how weird it smelled, I would still open the damned thing, just to investigate. Turns out that was her vitamin drawer. You know how vitamins can smell gross.
So I must have been five years old this particular time I sneaked into my sis' room and started rummaging around in her drawers. There was make up, and nail polish, and some stuff I wasn't sure about. One thing that caught my eye, was a little, tiny, cute tube of quick drying, super, crazy glue. Aw, it was so cute, I just had to twist that adorable little cap right off, and squeeze some glue from that precious little bottle. Well, in about 1/100th of a second, I was cursing that cute little tube of glue, and in an absolute panic. It seems that my index finger and thumb had instantly fused together! What was I going to do!?! I couldn't run for help, or I would get in trouble for being a little snoop! But no matter what I did, the fingers were still stuck together! After trying various creams and soaps, I did what anyone would have done in my situation...I slowly and painfully ripped the digits apart until they were separated. Was it scary? I'm not gonna lie. It was. Did my thumb have a layer of glue still on it, followed by the first three layers of the skin from my index finger? Yes...yes it did. But I did learn something that day. I can't remember what it was, though...it was a long time ago.

4 comments:

ellen said...

Thank goodness you didn't scratch yourself anywhere with that Crazy Glue on your fingers.

*yip*

Anonymous said...

Apparently, as frightening as that was, it didn't deter you from snooping for the next 10 years or so LOL. By the way, have you seen my belt?

Anonymous said...

anonymous = me, as if you didn't know :)

Anonymous said...

It would have been really funny if you had picked your nose. NOW THAT would have been funny!!! I could hear you now "Oh buggers...now what do I do". Tee Hee Hee