Tuesday, August 05, 2008

PARTY!!!



Well, Kelly and I decided to throw a party with a really eclectic group. Some of the invited guests were old friends from Kelly's past, some old friends from my childhood. Some came into our lives more recently, and I even invited a couple of clients, Wendy and Val. I know what you're thinking...they have nice hair. tee hee

One of my friends from childhood is visiting from Australia with her fiance!
That's Donna, my dear childhood friend with the happy couple from down under!
It was great to see them all together. I didn't intend on having a balcony party, but we all ended up out there. We had the balcony reinforced a few years ago, but I have to admit, the notion of us all ending up in the carport did cross my mind.


My beautiful Sister Sheryl and our gorgeous friend Andrea sharing some laughs.

This is Shannon and Jan, who I met in high school.
This is my neighbor, Moyra and Jan's hubby Kev breaking it down on the shag carpet. We were going to wait to have the carpets replaced before we threw a party, but we decided to just have one now while it's still Summer. We just invited them all to come and "shag" with us...

Then it got a little weird...LOL This is Kelly's good friend Evan. The funny thing is, when I take night time shots with my camera, you can't really see through the view thingy. It's too dark, so you just have to guess and then the image comes out nicely lit after the pic is taken. So I was just trying to get a nice shot of two old friends together when...

Too stinkin' funny! Poor Kelly, though, because just a couple of short hours later, Evan was trying to get a nice pic of Kelly and I when...

Hmmm...disturbing...

Some of you might remember me talking about my friend Kiki who lives in Greece. The gentleman getting fresh with Kelly in the above future blackmail photo is Kiki's boyfriend who lives here. After fifteen years or so, Kiki is finally coming home to Canada! I can't wait to be able to invite her to my next party! She came to visit a few months ago and didn't want to leave:) Here's a shot of her with Sheryl and Andrea from her visit.


But I digress...

When Evan was trying to get a picture of Kelly and I, he couldn't see through the view thingy so the first couple of shots turned out like this...


Then, as I was describing to the rest of the gang how he was getting only the top of my head, he snapped this...
This has now been dubbed "the de Koning salute" by my bud Andrea. I think it's flattering. lol We never did manage to get a nice photo of us that night.
Here's a nice one of our friends Heather and Andy, though!


And a nice one of Moyra and Ken from across the street. Coincidentally, Ken used to play on my ball team years ago before he moved into the neighborhood. Then three years ago, he became my neighbor without even knowing it. Small world, huh?

Anyway, I hope you are all having a great Summer! I wish I could have invited you to come "shag" with us too!

7 comments:

Curtis said...

Dang what a party. Ya'll look like you was havin' a good time. I had to look twice at Sheryl. I thought it was her first time but was sure until I read on. Hubba Hubba..just kiddin'...no I ain't. Ok I'm gonna go behave and blow some more bubbles. Ain't tellin' how I blow em.

sharon said...

I'm not askin' LOL But that was a LOT of bubbles in those bathtub shots!

Anonymous said...

Have I told you just how much I love and adore you? Well I do and I was just thinking to myself today that I am so lucky to be able to have you back in my life again..this time for life.

You and Kelly make my move back there so appealing to me and the next party is at my house. Thanks for making Paul so welcome...kinda looks like he felt too welcome (poor Kelly)!!!

Oh and as for our gorgeous Sheryl, well that lady is looking hot diggidy dog lately. Look out Boyz, there's a new cat in townnnnn!!


Thanks again my loving pal,
Miss you heaps,
Kik's!!

sharon said...

Awe, Kiks. I miss you too, but not for long, Girl!

Penny said...

Groovy Baby. I hope you Behaved at your Shag party - but too much. It is a shag party afterall.LOL

Anonymous said...

Thanks Uncle Curtis. You say the sweetest things. It was a fun party and the balcony DID hold up thank goodness LOL. Now, if I could just get as much action as Kelly does, I'd be set :)

Sheryl

Susan said...

Looks like fun. Those summer evening Parties out doors are what summer is made for!