Monday, January 21, 2008


Hey folks. It is a bright and sunny day here in beautiful BC, though it's pretty darn chilly. I've been in a fairly foul mood lately, which is probably why I can't decide on a color or style for my hair. I just hacked off about 7 inches and highlighted it. Change always cheers me up.

My car has been in the shop for two weeks now, and my mechanic doesn't listen to a word I say. I'm seriously irritated and feeling trapped at home. Kelly just called me saying he talked to the mechanic and told him we are going to pick up the car tonight regardless of whether or not it's done. I brought the thing in before Christmas because it was leaking coolant. A week and a half later he finally finished fixing it, and when I got it back, it had no heat! So I waited until after New years and brought it back, explaining to him that there was no heat since he had it. Well, a week and a half later he's saying he doesn't know what's wrong with it, so maybe I should buy one of those plug into the lighter kind of heaters. Well, talking to his son later, I found out that he thought I had NEVER had heat and was unaware that I did have heat before he got his hands on it. HELLO! I told him that 5 times! So then he wanted to take another look at it, which took a few more days. Ugh! So now we're just gonna go get it and take it somewhere else. What a pain in the ass.

Meantime, I've thrown out my neck, been on antibiotics for a painful bladder infection, AND had a very sore throat with swollen glands! I need a vacation. Anyway, enough of my whining. I just needed to purge myself of these negative feelings. Now, I must go and enjoy the rest of my day off. It's almost 12, so I'm gonna watch my soap opera (All My Children) I've watched it since I was a fetus (or listened to it.) It's not really that good, just comfortable and familiar. Maybe I'll fix a snack, too...

4 comments:

Penny said...

After reading your comment on my blog, I hoped that meant you wrote something new on yours. I was glad to see a new post but sorry to hear you're feeling rough. Hope you feel better soon. I've not been that great recently either. Too bad you're not closer. My hubby is a mechanic (and not a screw up like the guy you've been dealing with.)

Unknown said...

What names can you give to mechanics who work so bad? A quack mechanic ? :-)

We all have bad days sometimes... me too... It is the weather, I can not stand the dark, cloudy, wet, wind. After all those dark weeks we have today a sunny day, but tomorrow and the days after tomorrow again rain, wind clouds. I think about emigration to a warm and sunny country in the South.

Women with Celtic Red hair are my favorites :-)

Susan said...

I'm sorry you are feeling crappy. I hope you start to feel better soon so you can enjoy this gorgeous weather.
BTW_ Time to find a new mechanic!

Curtis said...

Well other than a broken neck, swollen glands, a bladder infection, hair troubles and a broken car I'm glad everything is alright over there. What the hell do ya'll need heat for?? Enjoy the rest of your weekend